*21 December 2016: Please note that the posting of sponsor packs will now resume in late December/early January. We are unable to issue any more packs before Christmas.
Thank you to all those who have sponsored an oldie this Christmas. Sponsor packs were posted ahead of Royal Mail’s advised last posting dates for all those whose donation/info was provided as requested by 5 December.
Thank you for your understanding and helping to keep things as stress-free as possible for our volunteer at this busy time of year.*
If you are looking for a special Christmas present for a dog lover, please consider sponsoring one of our oldies.
You can read about the sponsor scheme here and see the oldies currently available for sponsorship here. The best way to make your donation to sponsor a dog at this time of year is via PayPal or bank transfer.
When submitting your information, please ensure you send all the information for the sponsor pack to Angela at email@example.com (yes, that’s just an ‘f’ at the front) so that we can issue your pack, and advise:
- If the sponsor pack is for a Christmas present.
- The name of the dog(s) you wish to sponsor
- The name(s) of the recipients as you would like them to appear on the sponsor certificate/letter (including surnames if you wish them to be included).
- The name(s) of the person the gift is from (including multiple names if applicable)
- Where you would like the pack to be sent (please advise if this is your address or the recipient’s)
- If you are sponsoring an oldie as a gift for a child, please state this in your information, along with the approximate age of the child, so any text can be amended accordingly. You may also wish to consider this for a very elderly recipient.
You are also welcome to sponsor a dog for yourself, of course :-)
Oldies Club dogs generally become sponsor dogs due to ill health and sometimes for other reasons. We place the dogs in long-term foster homes, where the dogs receive all the veterinary treatment they need, along with lots of loving care from their foster families, with the charity covering vet bills for the rest of the dog’s life.
If you sponsor an Oldies Club dog for a loved one, or indeed as a gift for yourself, the recipient will receive a sponsor pack, which includes a sponsor certificate and a personalised letter from the sponsor dog.
Sponsorship starts from a minimum suggested annual donation of £15, though of course more is very welcome and appreciated :)
Our sponsor pack now includes our sponsor dog car sticker (which can be placed on the inside of a house window, facing out, if preferred).
Sticker lovingly designed by Aura (at Animal Portraits by Aura),
printed by Harris Screen Print.
If we receive your donation/information by 4 December 2016, we will meet the last posting date (though we will still be reliant on Royal Mail delivering in time). If you have purchased a pack after this date, we will post the pack to you as soon as possible, but it may well arrive after Christmas. We are only able to post sponsor packs to UK addresses.
Thank you for thinking of our oldies this Christmas.